Monday, November 30, 2009

Knappy - Don't Be Mad, Be Informed

I find this topic to be so strange. Mainly because I'm not sure if the lack of information on how to properly care for knappy hair is somehow done intentionally (via "The Man" haha) or if the lack of info is due to the variations in knappy hair. Or perhaps there are other reasons i'm not yet aware of....(please share your ideas with me!)

So many people with knappy hair and there's still a big question mark for most on how to achieve soft, long, relaxed or pressed hair. There are tons of websites and books out on the subject, but even these outlets continue to perpetuate myths or require life long purchases of specific products.

My mission is to spread as much good news as I can regarding products and techniques and other topics regarding Black culture. I struggle with maintaining the length of my own hair, so I also plan to document my progress here.

I'm excited to get this thing going!

xoxo,
Tee

No comments:

Post a Comment